As someone who writes weird and slipstream fiction, I know how hard it can be to find pieces with the aesthetic I enjoy. Great weird writing often falls under general fantasy, science fiction, or horror categories. Here are some recommendations from me to keep you in a curious mood.
If you want to receive monthly updates about the Curio Cabinet and join in a book club style conversation, sign up for my email list.
- Memoir as Surrealism
- What DOES happen when a man falls from the sky?
- Sinking Into Toni Morrison’s Beloved
- What Shall We Be?
- Cyclists, Ghosts, and Connection… Oh My!
- Meta Yet Fun
- Of Covens and Death
- A Mother’s Perspective
- Corvids and Viruses: Story Time During Quarantine
- Recipes Aren’t Only For the Kitchen
- This Week’s Obsession: Welcome Back by Jessica Starika
- The Soul and Consumerism in Cloud Atlas
- On the Topic of Sex: Sexbot’s Lament by Eric Del Carlo
- Halloween Treat: Lucy Pemgrass Eats a Crow
- Examining Language: Pomegranate, Pomegranate by Jack Westlake
- Gushing Over “The Propagator” by Simone Kern