I took a couple of weeks off the blog during the holidays. I spent the time with my in-laws, children, and husband. It has been a great vacation, but I am itching to get back to writing.
Last year was an amazing year for me. I went from getting my first acceptance to getting fifteen acceptances of short stories and poems. I finished another novel: Casual, which I am currently querying. Today I got my first full request on it and I am hoping it leads to an agent offer.
But if it doesn’t?
No sweat. I am 35k into my next novel and loving where it is going.
Of course, I’ll still be working on shorts and poetry throughout the year. I hope I’ll have many more stories to share with you. You will find some stories here on my blog, and I will always update my writing list with new publications.
Some things you should look out for in 2020:
- Women Like Me (A poem of sedition) will be published in issue 6 of Lucent Dreaming in January.
- Adjustment Parenting (flash fiction) will be published by Daily Science Fiction, TBA
- No Lovie and Casting (paired flash fiction) will both be published by Thrilling Words, TBA
- Ghosts of Tinder (flash horror) will be in the April issue of Bards and Sages
- Church of Five Saints (short story) will be published in Alban Lake’s No Greater Love: Martyrs of Earth and Elsewhere, TBA
- The Rage Book (micro fiction) will be published in Black Hare Press Hate anthology in March
Starting off the year with six publications to look forward to makes me excited to get writing, send out more submissions, and share more of my work with readers.